The Thanet coast is amongst the best wildlife sites in Europe...
This website covers information about the important habitats for marine and bird life around the North East Kent coast. This information relates to the management of a number of nature conservation designations, known as the North East Kent Marine Protected Area (NEKMPA) which includes the North East Kent European Marine Site (NEKEMS) and the more recent Marine Conservation Zone (MCZ).
Read about our project work - such as the Thanet Coast Project - that works with local people to help safeguard the wildlife and the coastlines' unique features.
- Thanet Coast (NEKMPA) - 2016 Events - Summer 'Seashore Safaris' & 'Seaweeds & their Secrets' walk & talk
- The Marine Planning process reaches the SouthEast in April 2016
- 2013-18 NE Kent MPA Action Plan - current actions on the coast
- Managing the North East Kent Coast - summary leaflet
- 2007-12 NE Kent European Marine Site Action Plan/Activities
- Thanet Coast MCZ - a new designation (DEFRA, Nov 2013)
- Turnstone Bird Roosts that need a Boost
- What's it all about - algae (article)
- Latest press releases from around the Thanet Coast